Meetic in 10 seconds
- Meetic is a dating app that helps users find potential matches.
- The matching algorithm takes into account users’ preferences and location to suggest compatible profiles.
- Meetic offers both free and premium subscription plans, with prices ranging from $7.99 to $44.99 per month.
- The website also offers discounts for longer subscription periods.
- Meetic has a website as well as an app, allowing users to access the service on multiple platforms.
- Compared to other dating apps, Meetic is more expensive but offers more features.
- The app also has special features such as video chat and voice messages to facilitate communication between users.
- Users can also create private albums to share photos with potential matches.
- Meetic also has a “Safety Center” with tips and advice to help users stay safe while using the app.
Security & Safety
If you’re looking for a dating app that promises safety and security, Meetic is not the one. Don’t get me wrong – it’s got some great features but when it comes to protecting its users from bots and fake accounts, they fall short.
Let’s start with verification: there isn’t any! You can create an account without verifying your identity or email address which means anyone could be on the other side of those messages you’re sending out. It also doesn’t have two-step authentication so if someone manages to guess your password (which I hope won’t happen) then they will have access to all of your data in no time flat! Yikes!
Moving onto photos: while manual reviews are done periodically throughout the day (according to their website), there still seems to be way too many questionable images making their way through unscathed – especially considering this is supposed “dating site". So yeah….if you want more control over who sees what pictures here then maybe steer clear because apparently even after review process has been completed? Who knows?? Bottom line though? The lack of photo regulation here just adds another layer insecurity overall. Ughhh….what a bummer!!
All in all, unless major changes are made soon regarding user verification & privacy policies as well as improved photo monitoring systems put into place? Then unfortunately my advice would be stay away from Meetic altogether if safety & security matter mucho grande!!!